Sunday, March 11, 2012

Main influences!

Hi there it's been a while since I last updated I have been pretty busy derping with school so...
I decided to fill up fox-orian's (from deviantART) influence map for shits and giggles and here it is!


I'd say I'm mainly influenced by video games more than anything else.. My mom kind of wanted to keep me indoors when I was a kid so I immersed myself in them instead. Television wasn't too bad but we never really had a good cable and the local channels would put up some anime.

CLAMP
Now you all know why I tend to draw long people sometimes.. CLAMP's been one of my longest influences. I started with Cardcaptor Sakura and followed and read some more of their series. Although I've stopped following them for a while now, their influence on my art still stays.

Noizi Ito
I knew about her when I started watching Shakugan No Shana and I simply adored her cute character designs!

Kunihiko Tanaka
Mainly his/her Xenogears character designs but I really love the way s/he draws anatomy and faces.

Kosuke Fujishima and Mutsumi Inomata
Or what I call my "Tales of" influence. Fujishima and Inomata are mainly the character designers for the Tales games. I've always loved their styles and character designs they've made.
Tales of Destiny (by Inomata) was one of the very first games I played on the PS1 when I was a kid and I absolutely loved the game and its characters! I remember I used to stare at the character status arts and draw them. And that's when I got really hooked into the tales of series. If only they'd localize all the tales games I'd be really happy.

Tetsuya Nomura, Akihiko Yoshida
More character designers! This time for Final Fantasy and a bunch of Square games.

Classic RPG's
As I mentioned earlier, games mostly became my influence for my art (there are many of them..) They really sparked up my interest in drawing and one day making characters for games. No one makes games like the classics anymore and they'll always remain special to me.

deviantART and Pixiv
Art communities are so good for motivation and inspiration. Also good for making artist friends and getting feedback!

Adventure Time
I'm usually very picky about cartoons I watch but Adventure Time is a special case. It's funny, silly, and cute! Plus the characters are so loveable like seriously this show is amazing.

There are a few that I didn't put in on the map but the above are the notable ones for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment